Yuri






Her name is Yuriana Juana. He was 29 years old. She had just buried her third husband, Bryan, my colleague. Bryan is a competent cardiologist. Ironically, Bryan's death was caused by a heart attack: myocardial infarction, a field he was very good at.

Yuri looked down at the, her pretty face disguised in a black shawl covering the head. The funeral was already deserted from mourners, leaving relatives and us friends of the deceased.

I moved about to go over to Yuri. This afternoon is my guard shift, I have to go back to the hospital.


"Hey, where are you going John? Stay away from the widow!" Kevin pulled me on the shoulder.


"What do you mean? Yuri is the wife of our companion. Please, don't speak harshly," I said furiously with tight teeth.

 
"You know what I mean, John," she said, "don't fall on her charm. The woman is the devil, John."


I shook my head. "I just want to say goodbye to go home. This afternoon it's my turn to guard."


Kevin took off his grip.

      

I rushed to Yuri, looking at his sorrowful face as he said goodbye. There were dark circles in his eyes, it seemed that he hadn't slept last night. Maybe keep Brian in his critical period.


"Yur, I'm sorry. You're the patient one, yes," I said squeezing her shoulders gently.


"Thank you, John," she replied quietly, barely audible to my ears.


I patted him lightly on the shoulder and then rushed to the Toyota Camri that I parked on the shoulder of the road.


****

Also Read More:

 


I used to like Yuri, about five years ago before she married her first husband. At that time I was undergoing Cardiac PPDS and Yuri was a nurse at ICCU. We had a chance to walk together.


Then Yuri was matched by her parents with Tomo, her first husband. A young entrepreneur, a colleague of Yuri's father. We parted ways. In the office, we remain professional.

A year later Tomo died as a result of a train accident. Then Yuri began to confide in me often. Our relationship became close again.

I don't know what feelings I have for Yuri. However, when he was about to remarry a year later, I still supported him. This time she married Yadi, an architect she knew through Facebook. Two years later Yadi died, falling from the project building he was working on.

At that time among nurses, there was an issue that Yuri was a female shoulder laweyan, and reportedly there was a white toe mark on her left back. According to them Yuri should not marry, because her husband will have bad luck until death.


I don't believe in superstition and I never see Yuri's back.


Then a few months later I received a wedding invitation from Yuri and Bryan.
 
***

A month passed. My work has grown a lot with the patients Bryan left behind.


"Doc, this is Mr. Rudy's inform consent. The doctor can schedule the operation for tomorrow?"


I glanced at the list of actions on the white board. I nodded. " Tuck in between three o'clock in the afternoon, yes."


The nurse was named Kiki, she looked at me. "Doctor John already knows the news of Yuri? He moved, Doc, his house was sold. He already resigned last week."


"Move...?"


"Yes. The previous week Elga took Yuri to a smart shaman. It is said that Yuri only matched up with the man who had a sign anyway in the right crotch. Weird, right, Doc? How could Yuri be able to find such a soul mate?"


I was startled, remembering the sign anyway on my right crotch. What does it mean...?


I picked up the phone, trying to contact Yuri.


His mobile phone is off.


I sighed deeply, rubbing my face.


Yuri..., I whispered to myself.

=============================


."$$$".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Collections Article

Nasib

Nasib Nasib Oliver Cadwell. Usia 25 tahun. Mengambil jurusan keuangan. 3 tahun pengalaman kerja. "Sempurna. Dialah yang kita butuhka...