Extinguishing Satan’s Flaming Missiles

Extinguishing Satan’s Flaming Missiles


1 Corinthians 10:13
The arsenal God has provided makes it possible for us to withstand the assaults of Satan and to destroy any strongholds he has established in our minds. One of the most powerful weapons is prayer. It need not be eloquent; it can be a simple, honest prayer like this:
“God, here is a weakness in my life that has a stranglehold over me. I have allowed Satan to toy with my mind. He has me in bondage and, God, I am helpless to change it. I am crying out to You in heartfelt repentance. I regret the pain and hurt that I have caused others. I lament the hours I have wasted living with this. I surrender myself to You. Set me free from this stronghold, Lord. By the power of Your Spirit, please set me free.”
God will not refuse this kind of prayer; He will provide deliverance. It is through our sincere prayers that we draw on the power of God to resist the Devil’s lies and to say no to temptations. However, the fact that we pray does not mean that Satan will let up on us. No, he will keep firing his flaming arrows against our weaknesses. We extinguish each one the same way. In prayer, we cry out to our sovereign God for forgiveness and draw on His power, which enables us to stand firm upon the truth of Scripture.
For some of us, deliverance is immediate; for others, it is gradual. Either way, we will attain freedom. If we hold to the truth, Jesus promised we would be free.


Daily Devotions with Dr. Charles Stanlley, InTouch Ministries


No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Collections Article

Nasib

Nasib Nasib Oliver Cadwell. Usia 25 tahun. Mengambil jurusan keuangan. 3 tahun pengalaman kerja. "Sempurna. Dialah yang kita butuhka...