To Really Know Jesus

When teenagers fall in love, they can talk for hours and they simply can't get enough of each other. It's as if everything else have become so much less important. They want to spend every available minute together.

I think back on the time when that happened to my wife and me. We were just like that. We tried everything simply to be with one another. Sometimes late night became early morning. I always wanted to stay a little longer. I wanted to know everything about her. I wanted to hear her stories again and again. I wanted to know her deepest being. And I would've given everything for that - even my freedom as a single person.

I have the same desire to know Jesus. I want to know Him inside and out, but for one reason or another I don't succeed in doing it as I did in the early days of being young and in love.

I woke up this morning with a sincere desire to know Jesus better and to be like Him. I want to be his hands and feet. I want a heart like his. And the only way that I can do that is to get to know Him better.

I fall to my knees and beg with Paul that I want to: 10... know Christ personally. Yes! I want to know Jesus, but even more I want to: 10... experience his resurrection power...  For sure I want that power too. I don't want a weak, meaningless, soft, can't-do-it, no-impact relationship.

No! I long to know Jesus so well, to be in such a strong relationship with Jesus that his power rubs off on me. With everything in me I long to see, speak, feel and certainly do like Jesus. And the only way in which we can know Jesus is to spend time with Him.

We must make time for Jesus the way teenagers in love do. Not even our own dreams, our own desire to reach for the stars, should overshadow our longing to know Jesus deeply. No, we have to be prepared to give up everything, simply everything for Him:

10 I gave up all that inferior stuff so I could know Christ personally, experience his resurrection power, be a partner in his suffering, and go all the way with him to death itself.

That's quite a tall order and I'm not 100% sure if I'm man enough to give up everything right to the end in order to know Jesus intimately.

But I want to. I long to know Jesus in such a way that his power will rub off on me. That I will see things like He does. Hear things like He does. That even my thoughts will become like his, so that I will do and act like He does.

That will only be possible if I really know Jesus.

Bible Reading

   Philippians 3:4-11

Reflection

How well do you know Jesus?

Do you want to get to know Him even better?

How will you do that?

Prayer

O God, how I long to really and truly know You. My deepest being long to know You better. I want to see things like You do. I want to hear like You do and think like You do, because then I will start doing like You do. Amen

For more information go to http://www.crossroad247.com


By Gerjo Ben Van Der Merwe


Article Source: To Really Know Jesus

No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Collections Article

Nasib

Nasib Nasib Oliver Cadwell. Usia 25 tahun. Mengambil jurusan keuangan. 3 tahun pengalaman kerja. "Sempurna. Dialah yang kita butuhka...