How Jesus Playing Golf Can Change Your Life

One day Jesus and Moses went out to play golf. Humbly, Jesus offered to let Moses tee off first. Moses put the ball on the tee, squared up, swung his club and hit the ball... up... up... up... down... down... down... SPLASH! IT landed right in the water hazard! "Not a problem," said Moses with a grin. He walked down to the water stretched out his club, the water separated to dry land and his chipped the ball right up onto the green.

Now Jesus stepped up to the tee. He put the ball on the tee, squared up, swung his club and hit the ball... up... up... up... down... down... down... SPLASH! IT landed right in the water hazard! "Not a problem," said Jesus with a grin. He walked down to the water, stepped onto the pond walked over to where the ball hit, commanded the ball to raise and when it did he swung his club and knocked the ball onto the green. The two began to laugh together. About that same time, a little old man walked up to the tee.

This old man put the ball on the tee, squared up, swung his club and hit the ball... up... up... up... down... down... down...
Then a fish jumped up and swallowed the ball, an eagle flew down and snatched the fish right out of the air! The eagle flew high in the sky, lightning struck the eagle, the eagle dropped the fish, the fish hit the ground, the ball shot out of the fish and landed right in the hole!

Jesus simply rolled his eyes and said, "Nice shot, dad."

I share this with you not to just tell a humorous joke but to also share something the I believe the Lord has been revealing to me as of late. You see although this is probably one of my favorite jokes there is a very important truth in it that could potentially change our lives. When we think of Moses and the Red Sea we think of waters parting. When we think of Jesus we tend to think about walking on water, raising the un-raisable and humility. When we focus on God we see that he continues to do more and more than we expect in miraculous and creative ways. These are standard thoughts because they expected no less of themselves in these situations.

There has been a standard set. Have you ever noticed that we seldom get what we want or desire but we always get out musts. I have found that when something becomes a must in my life it also becomes a reality shortly thereafter. The reason for this is simple. When we allow things to become a must our mind switches to a decision point. I called this the "congruence trigger". This is that one thing that switches your thinking from want to have or must have in your life. It becomes a decision instead desire.

If I desired more time with my wife and did not change my schedule I would continue to want the time with her but would still be lacking the time spent that I desired. If I wanted more income for my household yet did not improve my value in the workplace, work more hours, or start my own business it would not matter how strong my desire was. I would have to make changes. Now lets say that my wife became pregnant, got sick and could no longer work and my brother showed up saying he had no place to live and no job. This would be a congruence trigger for me. There is absolutely no way in which my current situation could be congruent with my desire for more income and time with my wife.

Once I had set a standard of more time with my wife and a greater income for my family this congruence trigger would force me to make decisions that would bring my life into congruence with the standard that I had set. I would have to make decisions. A decision is simply this - to cut off and remove any other option... to bring into congruence your standard and your life situation.

What standards have you set today? I encourage you to find one area of your life today in which you can identify a want or desire and then commit to making that a standard. Nest I will discuss a little more about how to engineer your own congruence triggers instead of relying on circumstance to force those changes within your life.

Chad Nedland, author, speaker, and life coach shares unique insights to enlighten and encourage. Stepping out in faith, he has been teaching about the fullness of a life with God.

His greatest passion is encouraging and challenging other believers to walk in the fullness of their calling and identity in Christ.

Learn more at http://www.liveyourfaithnow.com


 By Chad Nedland


Article Source: How Jesus Playing Golf Can Change Your Life

No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Collections Article

Nasib

Nasib Nasib Oliver Cadwell. Usia 25 tahun. Mengambil jurusan keuangan. 3 tahun pengalaman kerja. "Sempurna. Dialah yang kita butuhka...