Calling in Reinforcements for the Right Road

How do you live right? Nowadays right and wrong are so interwoven that you hardly know which way to go. This struggle to know where the line between right and wrong is, is illustrated very well in this story:

One day a daughter wanted to do something her mother really did not approve of - not so much because it was a sin, but rather because it was not right in terms of her values and norms. In her stubbornness the daughter kept arguing about her own intentions as opposed to her mother's point of view. One evening they were sitting in front of the fireplace, most of the coals already burnt out.

"Please hand me one of those coals. The fire is long dead; it won't burn you," the mother said.

Indignantly the daughter answered: "It might not burn me, but my hands would be dirty from the ash and soot!"

"Exactly," said the mother, "What you want to do will probably not burn you, but will certainly dirty your being as well as your character."

It is difficult to live right today. We know we cannot do it on our own. We are simply not able to withstand the enemy's attacks. The grey boundary lines become hazy in the dark; a grey world out there where anything goes. That makes us uncertain about which way to go.

Therefore, it is so important to get reinforcements. Someone must help us to get on and keep to the right road. There is someone who can do that, said Paul: 10Live a lover's life, circumspect and exemplary, a life Jesus will be proud of: 11bountiful in fruits from the soul, making Jesus Christ attractive to all, getting everyone involved in the glory and praise of God.

For most of us this is not new information. We know that Jesus died for us on the cross. We know that He left his Spirit to help us walk the right road, but why don't we get it right? Why do we always go off in the wrong direction? Why do we so easily make the wrong decisions? People struggle to see the amazing God in us, because our actions blind them. Yes, the things we do actually push people from God. If that is how a child of God acts, I want nothing to do with his God...

Eish!

I know where the fault lies in most of our lives. I know why we make so many wrong choices and why we often lose the way. I understand why people aren't excited when they look at the way many Christians live. How can Jesus correct us and keep us on the road if we keep on heading in the wrong direction? How can the Spirit lead us if we are too far away for Him to take us by the hand?

Once again I realize what an enormous danger I pose when I'm on my own. An enormous danger to myself, but also to the people around me. More or less like a loose cannon with no stopping it.

No, it cannot go on like this. Let's go back to the place where we know we should be. Let's do the things we know are right. Let's give God, Jesus and the Holy Spirit their rightful place in our lives. Let's make a positive impact wherever we go. May others then see Jesus through us and become excited about Him!

Bible Reading

Philippians 1:3-11

Reflection

What does your life look like?

How close is Jesus?

Do others become excited because they see Jesus in you?

Prayer

Our Father, I confess my sin to You. I apologise for wandering so far away from You. I don't want to. I am guilty and beg You to clean me. I want to get closer to You and, therefore, I surrender my life to You again. May others see You in me. May they become excited about You and talk and sing about You. Amen

For more information go to http://www.crossroad247.com


 By Gerjo Ben Van Der Merwe


Article Source: Calling in Reinforcements for the Right Road

No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Collections Article

Nasib

Nasib Nasib Oliver Cadwell. Usia 25 tahun. Mengambil jurusan keuangan. 3 tahun pengalaman kerja. "Sempurna. Dialah yang kita butuhka...