Called Up in Hard Times Too

Looking at this scripture again, I think back on an event from my days in the business world. One day I had to go to the CCMA. The union had summonsed me for some ridiculous matter. Therefore, I had to go and talk to total strangers about the things my own people did. I didn't like it and I was totally stressed out. It was the Sunday before the hearing and I was looking for something to hold onto. This is what I wrote that day:

I want to write down the first verses so that they can really stick in my head, because this is exactly what I need. Even though it's Sunday I'm so stressed about tomorrow, and yes, in a way the fun of doing business has been lost. That is why I really need Paul's motto today: 12I want to report to you, friends, that my imprisonment here has had the opposite of its intended effect. Instead of being squelched, the Message has actually prospered. 13All the soldiers here, and everyone else, too, found out that I'm in jail because of this Messiah. That piqued their curiosity, and now they've learned all about him. 14Not only that, but most of the followers of Jesus here have become far more sure of themselves in the faith than ever, speaking out fearlessly about God, about the Messiah.

Can I develop such a positive outlook on life?

We must realize that God never leaves us, but it is us who become deaf to his voice and then He has to use different tactics to communicate his word. Like me who has to go to the CCMA tomorrow to talk to the union. I have been and still am stressed out about the whole affair and honestly really don't want to do it. But I realize that these circumstances are not that different from Paul's. It's also like a trial and there are many who need to hear the gospel. I am the one who has to go and communicate it. On the one hand, therefore, it is a privilege that God wants to use me to spread the gospel right there in court.

But even though I know there is a kind of, if I may call it that, a supernatural purpose for my court visit tomorrow, it does not take away the stress. I'm still worried and I don't really have time for it either. But still in a way it makes my visit to court a bit easier. God has a plan. Maybe not my idea, but God can and will turn a negative into a positive. I must simply walk in there and see which of those guys need to hear about the living God.

Is something bothering you? Do you also not feel up to facing tomorrow with all its problems? Do you sometimes wish that tomorrow will never come? Are you dreaming of a time when all your problems have been solved and everybody have become good friends?

I have news for you: Your problems are not going to disappear into thin air. Maybe you have to change. Maybe you have to realize that God wants to use these things to bring the Gospel to other people. Therefore that may be why we have to get up in these difficult circumstances and allow the Holy Spirit to speak. We shouldn't be afraid to take God's message to strange places.

Tomorrow, I go to the CCMA court with one mission: Which of you need to hear and see the Gospel? Man, I'm brave!

I can't even remember exactly what the outcome at the CCMA was, but I know I came through it with no damage. I also know that God's Name was glorified by it and that He has turned the negative into a positive.

Maybe that is your challenge for whatever lies ahead. Listen to this song by Kari Jobe: You are for me    (https://youtu.be/r5tbZaBwJsc):

So faithful

So constant

So loving and so true

So powerful in all You do

You fill me

You see me

You know my every move

You love for me to sing to You

I know that You are for me

I know that You are for me

I know that You will never

Forsake me in my weakness

And I know that You have come now

Even if to write upon my heart

To remind me who You are

So patient

So gracious

So merciful and true

So wonderful in all You do

You fill me

You see me

You know my every move

You love for me to sing to You

Lord, I know that You are for me

I know that You are for me

I know that You will never

Forsake me in my weakness

And I know that You have come now

Even if to write upon my heart

To remind me that...

I know that You are for me

I know that You are for me

I know that You will never

Forsake me in my weakness

And I know that You have come now

Even if to write upon my heart

To remind me who You are

You remind me

I know that You are for me

I know that You are for me

I know that You will never

Forsake me in my weakness

And I know that You have come now

Even if to write upon my heart

To remind me who You are

Bible Reading

Philippians 1:12-18

Reflection

Where do you need God?

What is your crisis?

How can God use you despite your crisis?

Prayer

Father, I pray again saying that I really struggle to deal with a crisis in the right way. Most of the time I'm so sorry for myself that I'm too weak to get up and take the bull by the horns. Actually, I wish it would just disappear. That is why I need your help. Please help me to tackle my challenges head on and to make it easy for You to turn a negative into a positive. Amen

For more information go to http://www.crossroad247.com



 By Gerjo Ben Van Der Merwe


Article Source: Called Up in Hard Times Too

No comments:

Post a Comment

Informations From: Collections Article

Nasib

Nasib Nasib Oliver Cadwell. Usia 25 tahun. Mengambil jurusan keuangan. 3 tahun pengalaman kerja. "Sempurna. Dialah yang kita butuhka...